Tagged Under:

Fought back TB ahead of KBC launch in 2000: Amitabh Bachchan

By: Unknown On: 22:29
  • Share The Gag

  •  
    Megastar Amitabh Bachchan revealed that he was diagnosed with tuberculosis in 2000, but fought back and won.


    Superstar Amitabh Bachchan said he had contracted tuberculosis in 2000, just when he had begun shoot ing for Kaun Bangega Crorepati.

    Bachchan shared this hitherto unknown fact on Sunday at a function to launch BMC's TB awareness campaign. The civic body, which has roped in Bachchan as brand ambassador for the campaign, is hopeful that the Bollywood star would bring the same positive difference to the TB campaign that he brought to the polio awareness drive. "I was a TB patient years ago. I have never spoken about it on a public platform, but now is the time. If it could happen to me, it can happen to anyone. I was weak and I had lost appetite. Blood tests revealed that I had TB," said Bachchan.